Dress Code & Studio Policies
Jazz/Contemporary/Stretch & Musical Theater- Attire: form fitting dance clothes, black jazz shoes. No oversized T-shirts, tank-tops, camisole tops, athletic shorts, or loose pants are permitted in class after the warm up period. Hair: pulled back out of face.
Tap- Attire: form fitting dance clothes, black tap shoes. Hair: pulled back out of face.
Hip Hop- Attire: anything you can move in and feel comfortable wearing, non-marking tennis shoes. Hair: pulled back out of face.
Dancers & Dreamers – Attire: leotard and tights (NO UNDERWEAR), pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Hair: pulled back out of face.
Boys- Attire: T-shirt, shorts or pants (NOT TOO BAGGY) black ballet shoes, black jazz shoes, black tap shoes. Hair: combed away from the face.
*A NOTE ABOUT CROP TOPS, DANCE SHORTS, and WARM UP ATTIRE: In order for teachers to appropriately monitor the movement development of a dancer, body conscious clothing is required for most classes. However, it is exceptionally important that a dancer’s attire allow him/her to focus exclusively on movement and not clothing coverage. For this reason, we prefer crop tops only be worn in conjunction with high-waisted dance shorts/pants. No bra-tops are allowed or any top in which the dancer’s belly button is visible.
We require that students wear warm-up attire and cover up to and from dance class.
Students are placed in classes according to age and ability level. If he/she feels the student is not in the appropriate class, the teacher may move adjust the student’s class placement.
- Students must wear a cover-up to and from TDS at all times.
- Students may not wear dance shoes outside TDS.
- Students may not wear jewelry of any kind in class. (Stud earrings are permitted.)
- Please do not leave young children unattended at anytime.
- Yelling or horseplay inside TDS are not allowed.
- Parents and visitors watching in the lobby must not disturb students or instructors while class is in session, unless it is an emergency.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late, s/he may be asked to watch class. Tardiness affects the teacher, the students and the entire tone of the class. Parents and students should make every effort to be on time and ready when class begins.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student who disturbs the class at any time.
- TDS reserves the right to cancel a class if there is low enrollment.
- TDS is not responsible for stolen or lost property. (Label ALL dancewear and shoes with your child’s name)
- Cell phones are not permitted in the dance rooms unless they are turned off or in airplane mode.
- Students may bring a water bottle to class but must keep it in their dance bag.
- Snacks are not allowed in dance rooms.
- Parents must pick their child up on time! Instructors are not responsible for watching students who are not picked up on time.